1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Chevy 2500 4x4 Recall on Engine?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gordyo, Mar 19, 2002.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I looked at a 1995 Chevy 2500 4x4 today. Truck has 72,000 miles on it. Original owner, no rust, came with plow package but never plowed, 350 V8. The gentleman told me that the engine has about 35,000 miles on it because he got a recall in 1999 and they put a short block in it. Anyone else heard of this recall?

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Well I bought the truck. Seems to be a strong runner. Will need to replace the tires and the muffler. Other than that it seems to be a real nice truck.:D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2002
  3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Well for some reason I was able to post a picture in the test forum but when I went to do it here it didn't work. Hmmmmmmmmmm :mad:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2002
  4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Another try:

k2500-1.jpg

5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i own a 97 2500 4x4 and have never heard of that there is sights on the net were you can find out

6. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

The guy I bought the truck from stopped by today and dropped off a folder of all the paperwork for the truck and in there was a slip from a local Chevy dealer for the installation of a short block. :)