1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by awdls2, Feb 2, 2011.

1. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

hey guys hopefully im putting this in the right section. im actually looking for some tire recomendations for my truck. i know they say for snow skinnier is better then wide tires but when plowing is a snow tire the way to go even though they have softer ply ratings? or is a A/T better due to the weight of the plow/rear ballast or and hear me out on this one is a mud tire good due to the fact the most are self clearing and we all know once ure tire gets packed with snow and ice you lose a good amount of traction??

truck is a 1500 with a 7.5 fisher mm1 and about 400lbs in the bed

thanks guys!!!!
  2. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

I got a set of mud terrains cant remeber the brand off the top of my head but they suck for traction in snow. Before i had them i was running Steeltex's and they did alot better
  3. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

so just to specify im not looking so much for good year v michilen or what have you, just for the style tire to go with, a/t, snow, mud ect.

MSplowing, thanks for the info!!
  4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Tires are a very debatable topic. A good all terrain tread should suffice. Mud terrain tires are best used for mud (not so good for snow). You want to have siping (slits) in tread design. Most all season/all terrain tires have this. Allows the rubber to flex better & conform to the ground. In your year of truck a 265 series tire was oem and should work fine. There are other factors such as the hardness of the rubber compounds, etc. You can use the 'search' feature and probably find many threads on tire talk. If you're looking for an inexpensive tire, the Kumho KL78 would be a good choice.
  5. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

thanks thats actually the tire i was looking at but didnt wanna start the company x vs company y debate. the info u provided os exactly what i was looking for
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Round tubeless pneumatic is the way to go.

Snow tires work well in the snow.