1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Western 9"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GLHendricks, Sep 10, 2003.

1. GLHendricks

GLHendricks Junior Member
    from UTAH

1994 Western 9'

Good Morning! I have a question about a 1994 9' Western snowplow. This plow came on a truck that we bought this summer but we have no use for it. Can anyone give me an idea of how much I should ask for it? It's in good condition.

If I'm not suppose to post this type of question please forgive me! It just seemed like a good place to get some opinions!

Thanks for your help!

Georgia

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Without seeing the plow, likely that it's 9 yrs old and truly is in fairly good condition with no leaks or cracks, I'd say about $1,000. Post it in the Used Truck and Equipment Forum and see what happens. Might want to wait for some other opinions, though.

I just noticed you listed it as 9" (inch). I hope you meant 9' (feet).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003
  3. GLHendricks

from UTAH

Opps :eek: Thanks for pointing that out! Changed it!

As you can tell.....I know nothing about these....What do you mean by leaks and cracks? Are you referring to the blade itself?

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Basically the blade,harness,and hydraulics should be in good working order.

The a-frame's are bad for tearing out at the pivot point\bushing area.Welds can crack or break.Steel can bend,or eventually crack.Hydraulic cylinders and hoses can leak.Take a quick look over it to see if you have any of these problems.

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

The plow could sell for $1,000 to $2,000 depending on the shape its in. If its in real bad shape then no more than $500. If its in great condition than try $1,500 to $2,000.:)

6. GLHendricks

from UTAH

I really appreciate your replys, thank you so much!

One more thing......is the 9 foot size harder to sell because they are so big??

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think so......size does matter :D

Some people don't like big plows because they think they are heavy,and too hard on the truck.You also need a 3/4 ton or larger truck capable of supporting it.