1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Toyota Pick up

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Jeff Lange, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Jeff Lange

Jeff Lange Junior Member
    from nj

I have 1994 toyota Pick up with a 6'6" unimount Western Plow thats 3 years old. I wanted to buy a new 2006 tacoma and put the plow on it. My western rep said they do not make a mount that I could put on the Taco and use with my plow. They said the only thing I could get was a new western suburbanite. Any help? If i do decide to go with a new plow on the tacoma 2006 what would you go with?

Ps. I only plow 5 small commercial lots that I own (20 parking spots)

thanks
    jeff

2. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Welcome to the site Jeff!

I'll suggest to keep that good combo that you have!

But if you insist on a new Taco, you can search a bit here for pros and cons of each unit... And try the links at the top of the site. Blizzard, Sno-way and the Suburbanite/Homesteader are probably your only choices...

My suggestion would be also to look at a Curtis home-pro 7 footer. All the others are good and all are nearly equal in strength and quality but in my humble opinion the Curtis mount system wins hands down...

3. Jeff Lange

Jeff Lange Junior Member
    from nj

I would like to keep it, but I blew my engine and i didnt want sink alot of money into the truck. Any idea what type of resale value my plow has it is only 3 years old no rust.

4. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Just out of curiosity is your truck a 3.0????

Is your plow a 6 1/2 standard duty or sport utility plow? That makes a pretty big difference...
    Thanks!

5. Jeff Lange

Jeff Lange Junior Member
    from nj

the engine is a 3.0 and the plow is a standard duty I believe.

6. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Could get $1500+ bucks for the plow...

I sell my equipment every 3 years - 2 years ago I sold a 3 year old 6 1/2 standard unimount for $1500 with a bent stand frame but otherwise great condition.

Can I suggest you look for an up to 2004 Toyota Certified used Tacoma and consider putting your plow on it? They are pricey but carry a great factory backed warranty.

Don't get me wrong, the new Tacoma is nice but the 95-04 is a great little plow truck and the best of the Tacoma breed. Almost the plow truck of the 1989-1994 which was mechanically overall the sturdiest of the mini-toys, overall better than the great solid axle trucks... And the 1995-04 generation Tacoma is the last of the mini trucks that can carry a standard duty plow.

Just some food for thought!

7. MJay

MJay Member

possible swap

I have a Tacoma mount (never used) for a western uni [part no 60120] 6.5ft standard, and i'm looking for a mount for my 1990 toyota V6. If interested contact me jessopmike@yahoo.com.