1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DestroyerOfSenses, Aug 8, 2003.

1. DestroyerOfSenses

DestroyerOfSenses Junior Member

I posted a while back asking if I should buy a truck and here I go again.

I am looking at a 1994 Silverado 1500 4x4 Z71 offroad with the 350 V8, pw, pl, am/fm, cassette, 3 inch body lift, front brush bumper, flowmaster exhaust, smoked headlights, clear tail lights, bed liner, sliding rear glass, new radiator and u joints, $900 wheels, mud tires (dont know what kind, but they are $224 a piece), and it has 84K miles. The (original) paint job is IMMACULATE. He never drove it in winters either. This thing is clean and is a realy nice truck, but he's asking $12,500. Kelly Blue Book is around $8800 and NADA is $10,400. What do you guys think this truck is worth, assuming it is in as good as condition as I made it sound?

Thanks for any help you give me in advance. This is a great forum with a lot of people who seem to really know their stuff.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Lift and tires usually = mud or rocks and offroading. If he wheels like me and my buddies do, I don't think it has been treated very nicely. I'm always hesitant of buying lifted trucks, even if its just a bvody lift, I like to know who did it, and that it was done right.

I woulnd't offer more than $10,000, just because it does have pretty low miles for a 94

3. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

I agree with Snowybowtie don't offer more than 10,000 that is about all that it is worth. Let us know if u get it and post some picks!!:cool:

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Price is too high.People put all these extras and accesories on a truck,and expect to get back every penny when they sell.

I'd be carefull with tinted headlights,and clear tails,as a lot of them aren't DOT legal,and it may not pass a safety inspection.

I'd see if you can get him down below $10,000.

Also ses if he will allow you to take it to a trusted mechanic for a detailed inspection.That way you will know up front if there is anything wrong with it.

5. DestroyerOfSenses

DestroyerOfSenses Junior Member

He bought and had everything put on by a reputable 4 wheeling place, Four Wheel Parts. He told me he never went offroading with it and he seems like the type of guy who just likes to make his truck look cool. He is very anal (which is a good thing) about his truck too. (You know...whatch where you step, don't lean on that, ect.) I mean, there is not a scratch, swirl mark, or anything on this thing. You have to see it to believe it. He also gets the thing washed VERY often. He never really used it like a truck, just something to go to and from work with.

Yes it is low milage for a '94 and I also thought $10,000 was fair, but he said that $10K is too low and he wants $11,500 (originally wanted $12,500) now...I don't want to pay $11,500 for a '94 no matter how nice it looks. In my eyes, it's still a 10 year old truck.

Thanks for your help...I'll let you guys know what I end up doing. I'll get some pics posted somewhere.