1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 S15 Jimmy 4.3 (motor trouble)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Snoworks, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

During a recent storm, my 1994 Jimmy 4.3 liter died.

I was plowing a driveway, and came to a stop; the motor died. I started the car back up and it did the same thing. I was a little low on gas, so I fueled it up. When I was leaving the gas station I noticed the headlamp lights were dim. Every time I operated the front or rear plow all the lights went very, very, very dim. After about 5 minutes of operating the truck this way, all the instrument gauge lights started going out, too!

I new all these symptoms, did not fare well for the use of this truck in this storm, so I took it home. By the time I got home the truck had over heated.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Turned out to be a bad ground wire to the motor. Garagekeeper to the rescue once again!

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

"Ground Wires"

So does that mean it's still working? Next thing will be to remove your jacket from your plow pump! And for any others that have had front plows; rear plows; dump bodies; etc added to their trucks. Be sure that you have at least 2 gauge ground wire run to the "frame" of your truck from the battery if the power units are not grounded directly to the battery. Chuck didn't mention that all that he had for grounding the frame and body was the factory 10 gauge that was burned away from the high amp draw from the plows etc. John