1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 S10 Blazer to a 1998 GMC Jimmy unimount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowjunky, Jul 5, 2008.

1. snowplowjunky

snowplowjunky Junior Member

:help: i have a 1994 S10 Blazer and just bought a 1998 GMC Jimmy how much work will it take to make it fit to my 98 with some modification'sbut will it be a big job. Ok if some one has what i need i would buy it to Thanks. I will then have the one of mine with is in perfect shape to sell i think it works on down to the early 80s or swap also and will the wiring work from the 1994 S10 to the 1998 Jimmy :dizzy:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your current mount should fit your '98 (non ZR2). The '98 will be missing a couple holes in the frame that the '94 would have had so you'll need to drill a couple yourself.

The wiring part can be a little more difficult...your going from a vehicle that may or may not be equipped with day time running lights, to one that should be originally equipped. And it depends on which head light style each truck has. If both trucks use the same style lights it's not a big deal to swap the wiring. If one has sealed beams and the other is composite style it wont be a direct swap.
  3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

You also may be doing some cutting of the bumper plastic on the underside. Some of the 98's have a lower plastic facia than the one piece on the 94 that came off in one piece. Just from my experience.
  4. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

it will take no work should match right up...i bought a set up off a jimmy and put it right on my s10 so i dont think you should have any problems