1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 pathfinder

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by McGaw, Dec 11, 2009.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase my first vehicle for plowing (and daily commute to work), and I was looking at a 1994 pathfinder, 4x4, gas, manual, 3.0 V6. What are the pros and cons of it?
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    P.S. I would also use this to get up north in the summer/ winter (when I'm not working) to my cottage.
    Thank you very much,

2. neezy93

neezy93 Junior Member

it will suit u well very awesome 4 wheel drive and if its a se its running 4.11 gears and rear lsd. if it has auto hubs they work good but in reverse u have to snap the throttle at first to keep locked.im running a 93 nissan hardbody sev6 with a 7 foot snobear and is great with 254000 miles all origonal including clutch!
  3. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

That's awesome! I've found a couple, some newer, some older, now its just a matter of what I want to spend and finding a decent one. How hard is it to find a used plow and mounting hardware for them?
  4. neezy93

neezy93 Junior Member

Not to bad I paid 200 for my snobear set up.it was a pita to find the mount used actualy found it in junkyard. On truck I was taking bed off .another thing frame pay close attention to them espessially in the rear .take a hammer or something with u .now if u find a good one go buy chassis saver .its a paint for frames its worth it.
  5. Nismothunder

Nismothunder Junior Member

It doesnt matter what trim you got,I have a 95 xe with 4.62 gears and a lsd,from the factory.There only 2 gear ratios in pathfinders,4.37 and 4.62.You can tell by looking at the fender trim tag on the fender.It will read HG43 for 4.37 and HG46 for 4.62.For more info on pathfinders I'd check out NPORA for any problem you have.Also,check the rear frame for rust,right above the rear axle back will rot out badly.