1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Full Size Blazer with 9'0" Western ProPlus

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sbrennan007, Nov 24, 2006.

1. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Looking at picking up an '94 Chevy full size Blazer 4X4 in excellent condition and was wondering if anyone knows what will work and will not work for a plow on this truck.

Short of having to buy a new plow, I'd like to see if I could use my 9' Western ProPlus on this trunk, and if so, if I can get it with the Ultra Mount.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

When you say a full size blazer, what do you mean? Like a small Suburban? Like a Tahoe? If so, I am pretty sure that they are 1500s, but I may be wrong. I would be really careful putting a 9' plow on one of these, specially one that is 12 years old. I see nothing but hassles.

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Assuming it is 1/2 ton, Think I would stay away from a nine foot blade. I run a 7.6 western on a 1/2 ton, and I would nt go any bigger. Too heavy for the truck.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

WAY too much plow for that truck, no more than a 7.5 on a blazer. all blazers where half tons.

5. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

im assuming this is one of the short 2 door ones, how much does the plow weigh, ive seen people run 7'6 v blades up to 8.5ft straight blades on suburbans, and other halfton vehicles, with the right suspension mods it could be done, will be hard on the vehicle though.

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Dito on that one.9 foot no way.I read the title and seen 9 foot blade on a blazer WOW I have to see this hope you have a picture.:D

RCGM
    Brad

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Definetly 7.5 and no bigger. This is what I have on my '94 & works well.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah or you will have to crank the bars and add some suspension mods but the rear end might come off the ground slightly