1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 F150 extendcab 4x4 302 Enough?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by krazy, Dec 2, 2005.

1. krazy

krazy Junior Member
    from MN

Picked up a mint one original owner with 130000 miles. It has a western 7.5unimount on it as well. I knew the guy personally. He used it to plow his driveway and a small church lot. Its got the 302 in it. I have around 15 smaller accounts. My brother in law thinks that in a large snow, this truck will be way underpowered. What do you think or does anyone have any experience with this set up. Its has a auto tranny. He said the ford autos in those years were weak as well?? Do you think this was a good buy for 3200.
  2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

considering a new plow costs more then what you paid for the whole set up I think you got a good deal if its in good condition with a known history

You should be fine with that engine as well. Make sure the truck has a transmission cooler and change the fluid at least once a year and it should make you some money. My old jeep was a gold mine, it made me tons of money, the newer truck might be more comfortable and look cleaner, but it still pushes snow the same.
    In the end its about making money and the truck getting you home safe.
  3. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Plenty of power... Keep maintenance on the trans and plow in 4low if you need more power rather then pushing the truck hard in 4hi. People plow with 4cyl trucks, its all about momentum.

4. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 93 f-150, 302, club cab. It has a 7.5 boss w/wings, does a good job.:)
  5. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Cheeper than a new plow set up!!!!!!! just don't try to work her too hard--Add an external tranny cooler to be safe! and best of luck!