1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 F150 Action Shots

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by captntim, Mar 2, 2005.

1. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

I haven't been here in a couple years, but I thought I'd share some pictures of my current rig for the 12 accounts I have this winter. :waving:

The truck is a 1994 F150 5.0 Supercab with a 7.5' Fisher Speedcast of the same vintage and currently sits on 32" Yokohama Geolander AT+II tires. Who says a 1/2 ton can't push? :nod: This truck has been plowing since day one in downeast Maine and with the exception of a couple ball joints U-joints it has been very reliable.

Thanks for looking

P1200094 (Medium).JPG

P1200098 (Medium).JPG

P1200100 (Medium).JPG

P1200102 (Medium).JPG
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Truck Bud!! :drinkup: Awesome pictuers!!

I have a 1993 Dodge 150 short bed. Been plowing sense day one It ROCKS :D
  3. Plow King jr.

Plow King jr. Member

Nice rig there bud. :waving: what light bar do you have on that i have been looking for some thing just like that one.
  4. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

5. Plow King jr.

Plow King jr. Member

yea thanks for the link i have 2 but i do not feel like fixing them so i am going to buy a new 1 and that looks like a nice 1 to. :)

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Where in Maine are you? I am down in Portland. I am always interested in meeting fellow mainers who are into plowing. How did you make out on this last storm? We got like 10" here in Portland
    By the way nice truck. I was looking at a 97 F-350 Regular cab but went for a 2004 F-350 Regular cab, because I could get a good price.
  7. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I am guessing by the pictures you are well down east? Washington County Maybe???
  8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Sweet looking truck. What have ya done to the front end to support the plow?? Air bags or something??
  9. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

Right now I am in Castine which is Hancock county on Penobscot Bay where I am in my last semester at Maine Maritime Academy as well as doing some subcontract work at local boatyards for marine systems and fabrication (oh, and plowing :) ). The last storm we ended up with 8" drifting to a foot and a half, so it wasn't too bad. The snow was much lighter than forcasted which is always a nice surprise.

As far as the truck, the previous owner installed HD coils with a much heavier spring rate. Unfortunately, as I did not install them, I do not know the brand. In addition, I run approximately 600lb of tubesand as ballast.

10. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Castine is a great spot. I've got friends in South Penobscot and Sedgewick so I'm up in that area a few times a year. I love the road that runs from Bucksport to Castine along the river.

What size tire and brand are you running and do you like them? I'm in the market for tires for my plow truck which is a 1989 F250.
  11. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

I agree, Castine is a nice spot along with many other areas as you travel further downeast. US Route 175/166 is a very nice drive regardless of the season. You might find my last picture familiar as it is looking down over Devereaux Marine (my commercial account) which is essentially on the Penobscot/Castine town line.

The tires are 32" Yokohama Geolander AT+II on 15 X 8 steel wheels. I have found these to be some of the best all around tires for highway, exploring logging trails and snow. I would say they are roughly comparable to the BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO as far as traction is concerned, however the Yokohamas came with a 40,000 treadlife warranty where as I do not believe there is any such warranty with the BFGs. As I had a set of BFGs as my last tires, I will be interested to see how these wear. One thing to keep in mind is that you will be looking for a tire in the load range "E" as you have the F250 and I am not sure these tires are offered as such.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  12. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, looks like you got lake effect going on there.
  13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Great looking setup.You should send those pictures to Premierland :D . He has a truck just like that except no plow. For some reason he doesn't think he can put a plow on that truck of his. He would rather try and sell everything he has just so he can buy another truck and a plow. :rolleyes:
  14. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

I'm not sure this would be classified as lake-effect as it is the Maine coast, but we have had an above average winter. The storm pictured was 15" drifting to 3 feet of powder and it looks like there are two more plowable events lined up for this week :redbounce

Yea, I have heard all of the arguements as to why this truck is not suitable for plowing, how the front end is sub-standard and how the truck will be "destroyed in a few years if you plow with it". I'm sure there are many people who have had bad experiences plowing with these trucks, but I believe that if you match the vehicle to your application (or the other way around) there is no reason it won't work. My truck is my daily driver/commuter/work truck for school and my marine service busness, it has 150,000 miles and I am currently putting on 2000 - 2500 miles every month with 1/3 of that mileage towing tag trailers ranging from a few hundred pounds to 5,000. I have been very happy with its service. To each his own though, if you don't believe a 1/2 ton (ford chevy dodge, whatever) is up to the task...don't use one! oops...I didn't mean to start this war again :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and taking the time to look