1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Dodge Dakota 4x4, can I put a plow on it, which kind?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by AAservice, Jan 4, 2006.

1. AAservice

AAservice Junior Member

I am thinking about buying a 1994 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pickup. It has never been plowed with and is in mint conidition. I need some advice about the truck and if it would even make a decent plow truck. I would only be doing driveways and maybe small lots with it. If so, what would be the best plow to put on there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

western 6.5', fisher homesteader u dont want to go to big maybe 7'-7'2" the most and upgrade to a timbren suspention what year is the truck
  3. AAservice

AAservice Junior Member

the truck is a 1994.
  4. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

before u purcase the truck make sure u can find a mount for your truck i have a 94 ford ranger w/ a 6.5' western it was a hard to find a mount for it every place i went they said it was to old nobody makes a mount any more. do your research and make a smart decision before u buy
  5. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

check out snoway 680 w/down presure its a light poly plow it should great for small jobs driveways ect.
    hope i help u out remember do your homework dont jump into any thing
  6. AAservice

AAservice Junior Member

I went on the snoway website and it did not even have an application for the truck. Do you know if there is one? Thanks again for all of your help.
  7. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

im not really sure the web site is good for looking at pics u should go to a local dealer or call around ur area. try to go wit western or boss for heavy duty use fisher or snoway if ur doing personal work
  8. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Snoway MT 7.5 if it's a V8, 6'8" if it's a V6 and a set of wings for parking lots. Put about 600lbs of ballast in the bed, crank the torsion bars and add a set of Timbrens up front.
  9. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Get a fisher 6 1/2'. My dad used to be the manager of a Dodge dealership and he would always bring home the old style (92-96)Dakota's with plows on them. They did a great job and were great for small driveways. It handled the plow without any ballast either. The style he'd usually bring home was an extended cab V8 shortbed.
  10. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

snoway blizzard fisher meyers all put out good plows for this truck...i would go with the snoway or the fisher whatever u get id go with at least a 6'9''

good luck