1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Chevy 3500HD

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by skybolt811, Apr 7, 2004.

1. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

Hi all,
    I have this truck I am looking to sell. I don't really want to sell it, but with quadrupplet toddlers running around a 1 bedroom apartment, I think it's overdue to buy a house (big one).

I have a 94 Chevy 3500HD Spec truck. It used to be a Mass Highway truck, which if you have seen them, are lime green. It looks like a 1 ton dump, but has a 15,000 GVW, and central hydraulics. Got a 6.5 turbo diesel, that runs the nuts. I can load on 7000 lbs of sand and pull out like i'm empty. A brand new 4L80E transmission with a B+M heavy duty shift kit. Aircraft aluminum forged deep sump tranny pan. Up front is a Fisher 8' heavy duty commercial plow (just like Scot's red one). Pintle hook and Tekonosha electric trailer brakes. L-Pac tool box. Hide away strobes in plow lights, and big amber strobes in back, all powered by a Whelen 90 watt power pack,with 12 flash patterns.

I have a triple guage pod with Pyrometer, Boost guage and Tranny Temp available, but not installed yet. I will have some pic here soon. Will trade for Suburban or bus.
  2. greenexplr

greenexplr Junior Member

just out of interest .. where can i find trucks from mass highway. im currently in boston and interested. how much do u want for urs
  3. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

How much are you looking to get for it?
  4. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

I think they have an auction once I year. Mine was around the block a couple of times, before I got it.
    You can probably get one for real cheap, which mine isn't, only because I had to put in a new tranny, and all the other stuff. I will find out for ya, ok?
    PS. I need to get 9500.
  5. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

how many miles on motor
  6. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

171,000. If your acustomed to dealing with gas engines, it would be unwise to purchase a truck with that kind of miles. But, being a diesel, it's a bit different. I have seen a 6.5 urbo diesel with 565,000 on it before an overhaul.
  7. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

my 6.5 got 125000 and running strong got any pics
  8. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

no. but I took em today and will get them on here soon.
  9. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Where are the pics. I could be interested.
  10. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

I guess my pics are too large, email me at stearman7b3@aol.com and I will send them to you, thanks.

Right now I am installing the Pyrometer, Boost guage and tranny temp. You will need a PMD cooler unless I decide to instal one. They are available on ebay for a hundred bucks. I have a 9 blade engine fan on order.