1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Chevy 3500 doors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tc21, Dec 22, 2011.

1. tc21

tc21 Member

Hi guys,
    Not much of a GM Guy since I have just about all fords except this 1994 Chevy 3500 diesel rig. I have been looking for a set of doors for this truck and I have found a set from a 1998 Chevy truck in good shape. My question is will they fit? What model years fit that truck? Thanks TC
  2. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

88-98 are the same doors.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should. From 90 till 01 (01 hds only) body was the same. Interior was big differences. I'm pretty sure the door panels are interchangable as well. If not you will have to just get new hardware.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fords are the same way as well FYI
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

'88 to '98 should fit. Note that the '89 and the '98 I had were weld on hinges. When I had the doors replaced on my '98 the body man had a lot of difficulty getting the doors to seal properly....

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

88-99 are the same door 88-94 had 3 or 4 door panels depending on year and trim level 95+ had 2 panels depending on trim.
  7. tc21

tc21 Member

Thanks! That helps! Hate to buy things that dont fit.
  8. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

the doors are the same but im not sure about the wire harness plugs for the windows / locks .
    might want to make sure before you jump into it.