1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Chev K2500 opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kollerman, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Hey guys,

I was cruising craigslist the today and found this post.

The guy said it has a 350 engine and he believed a 3.73 rear end. He said the tranny shifts just fine, but said that I should probably change the fluid. The plow is a 2001 8'2" v-plow and looks to be in pretty good shape.

I do notice the rust on the truck, but other than just the step bar, it looks to be in pretty decent shape for a plow truck. I would basically just be using this for a few residential accounts and possibly a small parking lot that someone has asked me to do. I just wanted to see what all your professionals thought about this for my first plow truck. If I can get it for around $3500-$4000, I think this would be a pretty good buy.

Thanks for the input in advance.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Get it with the tonnuea cover!!!! Make it a deal breaker!!! prsport
  3. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

seems a little high, but maybe not...I just got a 1995 K 2500HD with 8' plow for $3,000 and put $1800 into it in parts(lightbar, ball joint, hub/bearing) and rebuilt transmission. Even adding it all up that was still under book for my area. Mine has 100K on the clock. Check book value, and also what others are asking for similar trucks in the area.