1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mr Patrick, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Mr Patrick

Mr Patrick Junior Member

Found a 94 full size bronco 5.8l 351w 63 miles has an old behind bumper western plow mount and pump. Has anyone plowed with this truck? Also what type of plow will this accept. Thank Patrick

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i seen one once that was shot on the front end. most guys around here use old blazers instead of the ford bronco. front end is better on the blazer i guess.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I see a lot of Bronco's plowing snow around here. You need a regular duty 7 1/2 foot Western plow for that mount and truck. Don't try to go big or heavy (plow) the truck will not fair well or be safe.
    Just beware of old plow trucks!
    They can have a boat load of new parts and repairs needed due to the past life they led.
    That's how my truck got the name " The Big Red Drain".

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

i plow with a 95 f-150, and i have installed heavy duty coil springs on the fron, and i am getting ready to add air bags, and 2.5" leveling blocks due to adding 3/4 ton rear leafs in the truck. I have found you can make the f-150/Bronco just as strong as a 3/4 ton truck. There is a nice catalog LMC truck that is good refernce for parts. You can use 3/4 ton tie rod assembly for these trucks, and use sprngs from the mid 80's 3/4 ton when they used coils in the fron. From what i have heard the axles are just about bullet proof in these trucks. Hope this helps

5. PlowDaddy

PlowDaddy Junior Member

I have a 94 full size Bronco (Eddie Bauer) with the 5.8 liter. I have a 7.5 Meyers Poly with a classic mount (about 500 lbs). I installed a set of airbags inside the front coils as the weight of the plow will cause the alignment geometry to change due to the front end design. The Bronco seems to handle the plow OK.

I have had the plow for 3 winters and since I got it, no snow in central KY. :cry:

Big snows every year prior. Maybe this year I'll finally get to use it. :gunsfiring:

6. Mr Patrick

Mr Patrick Junior Member

Thanks for all your help. Found a 1993 bronco with a westernplow and 73kmiles. few basic repairs, one large, electric lock out were haning up so I replaced them. Thanks again and I hope you all get a ton of snow Patrick

7. jrousell

jrousell Junior Member
    from NY

I need HELP/advice

I have a 94 bronco 4x4 and am tryign to mount a used meyers classic style plow that I bought. The crumple zone on the frame near the front looks like it'd be tough to fabricate an brackjet to

what do your mount brackets look like? Do they mount to that waxy area?

8. Mr Patrick

Mr Patrick Junior Member

Will send out some pics on sat truck is out of town today Patrick

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You get to play with your new toy yet?

10. jrousell

jrousell Junior Member
    from NY

any pictures yet?

if you do have a chance to take a snapshot- I say a huge thanks in advance!

11. Mr Patrick

Mr Patrick Junior Member

hey jeff can't figure out how to add pics, files may be to big PM me if you still need pics and I will email them to you Patrick