1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Bronco Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by L.I.Mike, Nov 23, 2010.

1. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I had the fuel pump replaced about 8 month ago. Last Wednesday I went to start the truck and no go. No sound from the fuel pump. I checked the connections and still no start.
    I there a relay or fuse that I am missing? I hope pumps last more than 8 months.

2. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Does it have the inertia switch? Usually mounted in the rear near the tank, designed to shut the pump off after an accident. And it does not take a big hit to trip them, sometimes no impact.
    Chad

3. hightop

hightop Member

There is a fuel pump relay, there should be 2 bosch type relays near the air box, 1 for fuel pump, the other for the computer.

4. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Also if you purchased a cheap pump it could be dead all ready.

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That same thing happened to me as I was letting my truck warm up illegally parked in front of my apartment building's front door. I missed the whole night of plowing because I didn't know where the relay was. Check there first! Good luck

6. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

It was the pump. Started at the front checking and all was good until I wound up at the pump.
    Dropped the tank and put in a new ford pump and away I went.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Uh oh, I put in an Autozone pump a few months ago...

8. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Which will bring out the Cliff Claven for a minute.
    The fuel pump is kept cool by the gas in the tank, keep the tank full and the pump should last longer. It is just a bigger PITA to change the pump out while the tank is full. :D
    Chad

9. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

At 3:15 a gallon it will not see a full tank for a while. The first pump lasted until a year ago.