1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Bravada Plowtruck ?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by BravadaMan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

has anyone plowed with an S-10 bravada with the Smart-trac all wheeldrive tranny?

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

No never plowed with one. Seen many S10's with plows years ago. Hardly at all today. I would say if it's your everyday driver why chance destroying the AWD $$$. If you have some interest in moving snow this is not a choice vehicle. JMO

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Well what are you planning on plowing? If just your driveway, maybe. You are not going to do anything serious with it.

5. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

BravadaMan

I have a 3 tenths of a mile long lane and a 100 ft driveway.The bravada is not roadworthy anymore but it runs and the allwheel drive still works fine. Scrap prices around here,Pittsburgh,pa are low and the only thing left to do with it would be to plow with it.

6. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

thanks for the archived posts.From the description from Oldsmobile the allwheeldrive is fully engaged up to 20 mph.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What do Ya have to loose?
    Some plowed with a pice of plywood and a statation wagon.....

At this point I'm not sure what truck side mount would work.
    But with some fab work just aboot anything can work.

Why not take some measurements, then watch crags list or what ever and go take a look at diffrent plows.
    Then when you get an idea of what will work.

Get one in The $2-4k range, that is 7.5 wide, at least...;)

Then have a go at it.
    If not scrap it, then find a beater jeep or truck to put the
    Plow on.
    Not every rig has to be a new 3/4 or bigger with a 10ft plow...:drinkup:....

8. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

thanks 4 the info ,i will let you know how it works. To craigs list I go

9. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

I wouldn't sink to much cake = $$ into this ship, if it's not street,ready!!:drinkup:

10. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

it will only be used on our private lane.Might as well use it till it dies LOL

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Run her till she quits.

12. Aero750

Aero750 Junior Member

13. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

If you can move a motor and tranny over you can find anolder 6 1/2 or 7' and adapt it.. Watch craigslist and you'll find one..

Never heard of them but for $700 would work on your new rig once done.. Fairly simple with a winch and manual angle. Light weight..

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/pts/5489021406.html

14. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

thanks for the info but found a mint condition Meyer Power angle Home plow 4 a grand that mounts 2 a 2 inch reciever hitch mounted to the frame under the front bumper. IF it works ill post the results. thanks everyone 4 all your help.

15. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Look up reviews on the Home w/ power angle. Save some greif and reinforce the moldboard with some backside ribs... Not the strongest but with a bit of support should be fine for your application.

16. BravadaMan

BravadaMan Junior Member

thanks for the tip

17. yukonslt3

yukonslt3 Junior Member

i know a guy that plowed with one for a long time and i asked him the same question on the awd system he said it was the best plow vehicle he ever owned he plowed his driveway and a small parkinglot and he ran a western 6.6 blade the only reason he got rid of it was he couldnt find any body parts for it because it rotted away lol