1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Blazer Rear Hatch Pistons

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Tomas090, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Pistons are "weak" and so I went to local NAPA to egt replacements. NAPA has the replacements that "fit" but before installing I finally noticed to OEM Chevy pistons have some sort of electrical plug on them

Anyone know what these are, if there is a work around or where to get the proper OEM's without going broke

2. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

does your truck have rear defrost? if yes then the plug in you are talking about is for that. if you want to have that continue to work you need to find the proper shocks. if you want cheap and get lucky enough they can be found at a junkyard, believe it or not i have found a few sets at our local yard and they held up for a good while.

3. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

just buy the right part...were talkin about trunk shocks. there not going to make you bankrupt....comn it not a huge costly item.

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

get the right ones or you will be scraping ice from that rear window:mad:

5. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

Unbolt them and slip a piece of half inch pvc pipe over the rams.

6. BFD

BFD Junior Member
    from buffalo

napa

Napa should carry the right part with the rear defrost connections

7. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Napa part # BK 8195387
    $18.99 ea.

Thats assuming we are talking about the t10 blazer and not the S-10.