1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 yj questions

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by flykelley, Nov 8, 2009.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok guys I bought a 93 wrangler, all stock has a stick and the 4 cylinder. Im using it as a driveway truck and as a back up for the small lots if I get behind with my 2500HD. I just had a Blizzard 680 LT mounted on it and it handles it pretty good. Some questions for you.
    1- Where to mount the strobe light, really dont want to drill holes in the hardtop. Maybe a pole off of the spare tire carrier?

2- Springs, it has 4 leafs in the front, the seem to flatten out when the plow is raised, add a leaf or new springs, not looking for a huge lift here maybe 2 inchs.

3- Alt needs to have a larger output, have a local shop beef it up or is there a source for a large output alt?

4- No light tower on this small plow, thinking about some lights either mounted on the roof or the top of the fenders? thoughts on this please.

5-Shocks, have no idea where to even start, but I know it needs shocks.

Thanks Mike

2. rfwins

rfwins Junior Member

Air shocks

You just need a set of AIR SHOCKS lots of info here about them search it out...
    i have both front and rear for the plow and salt spreader worked PERFECT last year..
    i also had a steel plate sprayed with bedliner and (drilled) the hard top to install it
    magnet mount light bar stays put now!! i am out of town right now but you can pm
    me and i will send you the part #s if you can't find them here, for the shocks.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi rftwins
    Thanks for the offer to send me part numbers. Im a Chevy guy so this jeep thing is all new to me. please email me part numbers at flykelley930@aol.com

Thanks Mike