1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 K2500 - Fisher push plates - Install question WITH PIC

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vi009dz, Jan 11, 2009.

1. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

I have a 1993 K2500 Suburban, and am installing an older Fisher speedcast plow. I have virtually everything done, except for the rearward 2 bolts on the push plates. See below. The rearward 2 bolts (1/2" dia.) show here as a couple little things, maybe a couple inches long.
    When I get under my rig and look at things, these holes line up with the front crossmember, and the crossmember is a big boxed in unit with VERY limited access to the inner area. I looked for a way to access the inner part of the crossmember, thinking that I could trap a nut in the boxed end of a wrench, reach it in and tighten a bolt, but I just don't see how to. It appears that the only way to bolt the thing down is to use a 6" long bolt and drill through the entire crossmember, top and bottom, then bolt it in place that way.
    If anybody remembers, can you explain how these rearward bolts are installed? :help:

[​IMG]

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

While it's not visible it's not hard to do. You need to reach in from the rear of the crossmember behind the lower control arm there is a small opening. Slide under the truck behind the front tire and look at the crossmember, you will see it's open on the ends and in the center I think.

3. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Excellent...thanks for the clarification. I'll tackle it later this week and report back.

4. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Ive done many gm pick ups but not a suburban anyways on the pick ups theres 2 small square holes that u can use to access the inside of the crossmemeber holes its alot easier with 2 people

5. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Do you recall where these holes were; on the front side, the frame rail side, the rearward edge, the top? bottom? Also, did you feed the bolt down from inside the crossmember, and put a nut on down by the push plate, or did you try to get a nut inside the crossmember and bolt from the bottom?

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict