1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 k1500 blazer ...snow plow???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lawnmasters2006, Dec 22, 2007.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i bought a 94 blazer w 84,000 miles on it...i already know its a no no for a plow on it...but do need a back up truck...any ideas on a plow or problems other have had? i lean towards western plows...

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Years ago, I had a 75 Blazer with a 7 1/2 ' Western on it.....excellent plow truck. I mostly just did driveways with it, but it could push snow.........used it for 10 years.

3. lawnmasters2006

i have seen alot of older blazer w plows...but not to many newer ones

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

They did not changed much over the years....into the 90s anyways.....I would think it would plow the same.

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

my buddy has a 93 and loves it best he has had

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fisher has mounts for it. thay are the same for a blazer if 1/2 ton blazer as the 1/2 ton trucks/burban/yukon .

7. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

Sno-Way makes a lite weight plow that doesn't stress the front end like heaver plows can.

8. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

I have a 94 with a 6.5 diesel in it with a 7.5 unimount and it is the best plow truck I have had, great for driveways

9. lawnmasters2006

did u have to put any weight in the back?

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

You'll find that when it stays in good working order (I know some of the older ones can have their share of mechanical issues), it will be an absolute joy to plow with. Though a little newer, I ran a 97 Tahoe 2-door and can not say enough about how nicely it plowed because of (1) good weight, and (2) short wheelbase.

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

technically it is not a no no for a plow. I have seen tons of them before. throw on some timbrens and get either a snoway or another plow that would fit.

12. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

sounds like a great truck to put a 7.5 on. Such a maneuverable vehicle, there are plenty of people who plow with half-tons, even though it isn't exactly ideal, they can handle with proper maintenance. I'm jealous of the guy who had the diesel in his 2 door, that's got to be such a great plow truck for small places.

-jer

13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The 6.5 Turbo diesel in the 97 Tahoe, tan color with a Fisher? That's what I had, unless you knew of another