1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 GMC 3500 Reg Cab....buy or no?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NoFearDeere, Oct 25, 2007.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

A local nursery has a 1993 GMC 3500 Regular Cab Long Box for sale. In the past 2 years the truck has recieved the following:

New Tires
    New motor 20K ago
    Rebuilt tranny 20K ago
    New ball joints, pitman arm, tie rods, etc.
    New Fuel Pump, New Battery
    New Alternator

The truck has its share or dings and scratches, Power Windows, Locks, DMI Steel Bumper, 4x4, 242,000 miles on it now. They are asking $4000.00. Do you think its a solid buy or not? I cant lean one way or the other, so I need some help!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:
  2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

If he can show you receipts for the motor and trans etc, then it might be an alright deal. If he doesn't have any proof of the parts and work he is claiming, then I'd have to pass.
  3. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

If its got a new engine, trans and front end work its not a bad deal. But, If they are asking $4k they might take $3k. Go there with cash and make the offer.
  4. NoFearDeere

I got the cash for either amount. He has the reciepts for the whole thing, but I do want it painted, which they can do in house at their shop. I was thinking about offering him $4K including the paint job.:rolleyes: We shall see...
  5. NoFearDeere

I did buy the truck and slapped my Boss on it. Great truck so far and plows awesome!;)
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Did they paint it for you? Pics ?
  7. NoFearDeere

There are some pics of it in this thread: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=55345

I'm going to wait till March or so to paint it white to match the Chevy....they're going to fix the dingers in the doors and strip it down and prime/paint for $800...cant really complain