1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 Ford f350 single wheel to dual wheel ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cclandscape 28, Apr 30, 2012.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey guys i have a mason dump that we are going to keep as a parts truck and was wondering if any of you guys have converted a single wheel to a dual i am looking to take the 1991 mason dump and take the dump and ect and swap onto the single 1993 Any input would be great They are the same motors and they are bolth single cab trucks

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I bought one that had been converted from single to a dually with a dump body other that the poor driveline (6.9 non-turbo diesel, couldnt get a head of a snail), performance it wasn't bad as far as stoping, etc. BUT the problem is most single rear wheel trucks are about 9,000 lb GVW, that truck scaled out empty at about 8,000 lb, whereas a dually would GVW would be 12-13,000 lb GVW, so it becomes a DOT issue.
    I was young and dumb when bought that truck, personally I wouldnt do it.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

well, the 91 has a trans driven speedometer, and the 93 has a VSS speedometer.
    if the 91 dually rear has an ABS tone ring in it, you should be able to drive the speedometer of the 93 off it.

also, if the 93 is a pickup and the 91 was a cab chassis, you will not be able to swap the body and rear, because the pickup has a 36 inch wide frame, the cab chassis trucks have a 33 inch wide frame.