1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 Ford Bronco

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bd9jr, Oct 17, 2011.

1. bd9jr

bd9jr Junior Member

I have shoveled snow for the last two seasons, but that really sucks. I have a 93 Ford Bronco and would like the install a plow on it so that I could plow this year. Any words of advice?

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How many miles are on the Bronco and how is the condition?

3. bd9jr

bd9jr Junior Member

typical ford tail gate rust.... a little over 200,000 miles. I dont plan on hanging on to the truck after the season. possibly turn a proffit, then move on to a better truck.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

you will want to go over the front end with a fine tooth comb, but the bronco would do nicely. I started with older vehicles and worked my way into newer. I still plow with older vehicles (early 2000's, 5 years or older, but newer than 15 years) rather than beating up a new one.

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Type "Bronco" into the search box at the top of the page and you'll find a few threads where this has been discussed at length. I've have 10 of em and they make great plow trucks. I'd skip going over the front end too closely if it already has 200k on it. Grab the cheapest plow you can find, mount it up and go. There are things to be done to these trucks to make them even more awesome (front coils, 120amp alternator out of an Explorer, etc.), but none are necessary if you'll be driving it for a winter. Good luck.