1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by voglerfan, Oct 26, 2012.

1. voglerfan

voglerfan Junior Member
    from MO

I've found a '93 F250 with a hiniker plow on it. The plow has only been used for 3 properties over the last 6 years. The truck has 167,000 miles and seems to be in good shape. It is also a propane/gas truck with a 351. I've only owned and plowed with gm trucks. Its also a manual transmission. I'm not opposed to adding a ford. give me your thoughts on this truck and if there were any major issues i should be aware of.
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

If you can stand to plow with a manual tranny, get it.
  3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Agreed. Check the oil pan for rust while you're at it because it's common for them to rust out and a pain to replace. Great truck otherwise.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That truck will work and work and work and work and work...if it breaks its generally very cheap to fix. As mentioned, check the oil pan, check the manifolds (they crack), and it'll probably have a rear main seal leak and valve cover gasket leaks at that mileage.

Possibly a leaky pitman arm seal as well LOL. But none of this will hurt her.
  5. voglerfan

voglerfan Junior Member
    from MO

Thanks for the input guys.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Before you push snow with the truck. Use the search function on the blue line above. Search: plowing with a manual transmission, Plowing with a stick - etc.- It will save you from frying the clutch. Someone here did it with a brand new F-450.