1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 F250 XL 4x4 ???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Boast Enterpris, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Guys what do you think that a 1993, F250, XL, 4X4, 351, Auto Trans, AC, 3.55 Limited Slip, Trailer Tow, Aluminum Wheels & New 285/75/16 tires with 125,000 miles is worth??? This truck has very minor body damage & a little rust showing on the drivers front quarter panel. No other visible or signs of rust on the truck. It does not appear to have ever had a snow plow on it. Rides & drives very well. Thanks for all comments & suggestions! BOAST :waving:

2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

If I were selling it, I'd ask $4000. Buying it, offer $2500 and negotiate.

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

You had better move on a gem like that!!
    Especially not being plowed.I just looked at a '97 f-350, with trac rac and new 8' fisher mm2. They want 8k..may offer 6500..good luck.,

4. Boast Enterpris

Thanks

Guys, As Usual Thanks For The Help!!!!!!!

5. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

My biggest concern would be the transmission, especially an AODE. They have a few weak points and with that mileage, if it hasn't been worked on yet, it will soon. Take it for a test drive, see how the upshifts and downshifts are.

6. Boast Enterpris

Looked at it again lastnight, Truck stands up real strong. Took it for a test drive and the transmission appears to be shifting properly. Tested the 4X4 on a dirt road & didn't find anything unusual there either. The owner was able to produce receipts where the oil had been changed regularly & transmission fluid had been changed at 50,000 / 90,000 / 120,000. He said that he had only pulled a fishing boat & hauled a few bags of feed with it. The truck has no gooseneck hitch or signs of one. The bed dosen't have any dents in it either just the usual scratches. BOAST pumpkin:

7. crashz

crashz Senior Member

For the right price it will make a great back up truck. b2driver makes a good point though. Keep a little money in the budget for repairs on this truck, specifically the transmission, TTB frontend, and steering linkages.

Have your made an offer?