1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 F250 radiator supports

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PAGE2004, Nov 13, 2010.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

1993 F250 4x4 5.8L

Ive been repairing things like leaf spring hangers , and other parts on this plow truck and Id like some help identifying the names of the parts in need of replacing seen in these pictures.

All the framework ( steel housing ) below the radiator is rotted away including the rubber bushings on each side right in front and above each front wheel.

Its obvious the hangers that attach the rubber bushings need replacing too.

Any help in these part names and a decent parts place to order them from would be appreciated.

- thanks .

f250support1.jpg

f250support2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

got tons of parts sent u a pm

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

try car parts wholesale, i had to replace one on my 97 powerstroke and went threw 2 aftermarket compaines and both sent me gas ones.(alot smaller) they were around 160-200 bucks. i never did find a aftermarket replacment so i had to go to ford and get f%*^ked. just the rubber bushings were 300 bucks with bolts. try hockey pucks just drill a hole through the center.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Search LMC Truck they have restore parts.

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i did the radiator support on my 96 F350 with 351 a year ago. don't remember what i paid, but the best deal i could find was a company called keystone automotive. its made overseas - as are all aftermarket body panels these days - but i took my time to paint and prep it and its holding up well so far. and definetly do the hockey buck idea mentioned, thats what i did and it worked great. i called ford about those bushing and was told they were discountinued. they would have cost a fortune anyway - i'm sure. i know lmc truck sells them, but you'll find a hickey puck is a lot cheaper.

6. Chipper

Chipper Member

Once you get the new one in make sure to dump some oil down on the radiator support. Good spot for salt and dirt to pile up which is why they a ALL rust out. Every spring and fall I'll take some waste oil from the last oil change and give it a good coat along with the frame, fenders,cab and box sides. Rather have a little oily steel than nothing at all.

7. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Hockey Puck sounds like the way to go .

I guess I need to buy two new hangers that bolt to the frame and the steel panel which the hockeypucks/bushings bolts into .... ( whats the name of this part ?? )

I got a PM from someone local that has used parts ... I think Im gonna contact him.

Thanks for the help !