1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 F-350 1 ton 2 wheel drive

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by engine1wsfd4, Dec 25, 2009.

1. engine1wsfd4

engine1wsfd4 Junior Member
    from NC

I live in North Carolina and was wondering if my 2 wheel drive 1 ton could handle a snow plow? Thank for your input.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, although ill advised.
  3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it could. I take it its a dual rear wheel because I dont think Ford made a 2wd single rear wheel 1 ton. You have to make sure that you buy a plow wide enough to cover the width of the tires. Make sure you have enough weight in the back of the truck.
  4. engine1wsfd4

from NC

Thanks. It does have dual wheels
  5. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

put a 8.5 or a 9 footer out front and about a ton to a ton and a half in the rear and you will be good to go.
  6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Stay away from any hills....
  7. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

What type of plowing are you going to be doing....I plowed for town's with my 2wd F-450 with a 9' Fisher & never had any trouble....I ran around 50 old cobblestones anywheres from 30-50lbs each & it was a unstoppable tank....
  8. engine1wsfd4

from NC

I will be mostly clearing parking lots.
  9. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Youll be fine....Are you gonna be running a sander
  10. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

you'll be fine X's 2 -- just a little wieght in the back
  11. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

Auto or standard?
  12. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I use a 2wd 1 ton to plow parking lots..and load it up with weight and your fine. i actually did drives with mine on hills etc. when i started. the plowing isn't the hard part, it's the drive to the plowing! and you can get away with an 8 foot plow. that's what i have and it works fine with or without the wings on it.
  13. CarharttComando

CarharttComando Junior Member
    from MI

you will be fine with thin tires in the rear and plenty of ballast..good luck