1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 F 250 push plate install nee help !!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by A & B Lawn Care, Sep 26, 2010.

1. A & B Lawn Care

A & B Lawn Care Member

i have a 1993 F 250 7.3 idi, i have just recently bought a 8ft fisher mm, i got the push plates a few days ago and im having trouble installing them, they are the right push plates for the truck just any tips for making this install easier would be greatly appreciated.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Did you get it figured out? IIRC you have to put a jack between the frame & springs to open it up enough to get them in.

3. A & B Lawn Care

A & B Lawn Care Member

ohh ok cuz thats the problem i am having, so if i jack up my truck with the floor jack then take off the wheels shock tower bolts then use my bottle jack and put it between the frame and springs i should be ok right ?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

put the floor jack under the body of the truck and lift it. then the mount will slide between the spring and the frame

5. A & B Lawn Care

A & B Lawn Care Member

Ok I was jacking up the truck from the front diff so that was def the problem gonna jack up from the rear of the spring

6. A & B Lawn Care

A & B Lawn Care Member

Jacked up from the rear of the springs sneaked the plates right in, thanks guys, any tips on plowin because this is my first season.