1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 F-250 4x4 Reg cab W/460.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chazmanian, Oct 26, 2007.

1. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

looking for a plow truck for the winter. Light commercial accounts nothing to huge.

Need a truck like yesterday...having a hard time chosing one that fits the bill. Most either thunk and clunk or have some underlying design issue which precludes them for plow duty suitability.

So....I'm looking at a 1993 F-250 reg cab with an auto and the 460 gas motor. This truck is beast and everything works well and the truck was used as a daily driver or cowboy caddilac. No 5th wheel hitches, or plow have ever been used. Truck drives real good may need alingment and a bath but its a straight old rig.

The truck has 130,000 miles and the air blows cold. It is an XLT so it has all the power goodies and cruise.

The seller is stuck at $5200.00 cash money...Plus tax as he is a dealer. crazy old coot had the truck priced at $7995.00 as he carries the note for those without the cashola.

I have the cashola but do want to overpay for this truck.

Its white and has a nice set of rims and the tires are fair. they are slightly oversized.

Loads and loads of power and feels as if it would leve my new Hemi dodge ram sitting at the stoplight in a haze of tire smoke. 4x4 works good and when I tried spinning the tires in 2wd both spun and left deep ruts in the dirt...Limited slip?

What kinda money should a guy be able to buy this truck? And is this a good plowing rig?

2. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

check for undercarriage rust - as it could cause many problems down the road, literally and figuratively

check the tires for baldness - a good set of new knobbed tires will cost you a good G

check alignment - this is important especially when driving through slippery snow.

'93 with a 460 engine = GAS HOG

other then that, you are good with the 4 x 4, and the engine size

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

sounds like a good truck. but mine is a 96 reg cab long bed with 460 motor and xlt 4x4 with 160500miles and i got mine for $5000. and besides rust under neath it has no flaws everything works body's great. it'll be a great tow rig specially if it has the 4;10 back end. and it'll push anything. that price seems pretty high though, it must have very very little rust? other than the price sounds like an awesome truck