1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 Dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Sharpshooter77, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Hey guys I found a 1993, 3500 dodge pickup, with and extened cab. It has the 5.9 liter turbo diesel. Its an auto with power everything it also has ice cold air. The truck does have really high miles it has 310,000. Also the truck has dual rear wheels. It does look in fairly good condtion. I wanted to know if anyone knows the ups and downs of these trucks is there anything bad to watch out for on these trucks. Also the truck never had a plow on it. I have been a Die hard ford guy for the longest time but I always wanted to own a 1990 to 1993 dodge with the cummins trubo diesel. Let me know what you guys think. THANKS

2. mopar250

mopar250 Junior Member

The biggest thing I would keep in mind if I was you, is you are buying a truck with 300K plus miles on it. I'm not sure what to look for as problems in the CTD, but those trucks had some tranny problems. I'm sure though, at 300K, the tranny had to be replaced at least once in there. If it was me, i'd look for something with some lower miles, but a deals a deal!

RODHALL Senior Member

We have 90 1ton SRW with 400,000 miles on it at the shop. we use it for everything plow snow hauling stone rocks, picking up parts.... we have beat the crap out of it. The only issues we have had is the transmission. we have been rebuilding it every 100,000 miles. The body is shot (rust) cab is not longer bolted to the frame and only 2 bolts holding the bed on. Here in a few weeks we plan on putting another body on it, and have no plans to touch the drivetrain.
  4. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Chris (Rodhall), The 88 w250 I bought from you last season did great over the winter. I did all the body work, and it will be heading to MAACO next month, ready for another winter.
    I am now looking for a 3rd truck, do you know of any?

RODHALL Senior Member

How soon you looking to buy?
    Come spring i will be selling the red/white 1 ton. Stop by and take a look at it if you want.

If you don't mind do a little bit of work to a truck i know where there is 7? macho short bed 3/4 or 1 ton. Manual Plow blade is almost 9ft wide both bed sides need patched
  6. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I have 2 93's the trans and the body is the weak link on these, the mileage is high, I would say another 100k miles till motor 'may' need rebuild. In ontario canada I find these trucks with 250-300,000 km (150-180,000 miles) My advice is unless it is a total steal $2-3000. and in amazing shape (good body, nothing to certify) move on to something with lower miles. That said it could still be good for a couple hundred thou, kind of a gamble..