1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 dodge dakota

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Oct 15, 2004.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a 1993 dodge dakota with 5.2 i want a limted slip what do recomend

BCLARK Member

93 Dodge Dakota

I'm on my 2nd rear end in my 92 Dakota with a 5.2 in it. They did come from the factory with an optional limited slip but, they are very hard to find used and big$$ new. Check the size of the rear end. Is it a 7.5" or 8.5? I belive the only wy you could get a 5.2 is with the bigger rear end.
    The limited slip i had worked great until the pinnion bearing blew up ( 2nd time). I found a used rear end for $400.00 but, it did not have a limited slip.
    I have heard that the rear ends in these early Dakotas had problems with the pinnion bearing going out. Hope this helps.

Bob Clark
    B&T Enterprises
    92 Dakota w/ 6.5 western
    94 GMC 1 Ton w/9.0 western
    81 Ford L8000 w/11.0 drought
    94 Yukon w/7.5 pro plow
    92 Nissian UD w/8.0 western
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

dakotas came with 7¼" and 8¼" I would bet that it has a 8¼" being it has a 318, depends on what all you want to do with it, for maximum traction I would recomend a Detroit locker, if you are on a budget then I would look for a lunchbox locker, either a lockright or a Aussie locker ( www.offroadlockers.com ) I ran a detroit soft locker in my 89 dakota and it held up to a 400 hp 360 (transplant)

if you want limited slip then Auburn is the way to go check out www.reiderracing.com and look arond until you find something that you think would work
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004