1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 Chevy 2500 XCab help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dss56, May 4, 2009.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

A friend picked up a 1993 Chevy 2500 Ext Cab with split bench seat. The driver side seat back is broken. Meaning the back will not stay up. Is there a way to get the back off the seat and see if it can be repaired. It will save him trying to get one at a salvage yard. I thought there is a way to get the back fabric off so I can see what might be fixed.

Also he wants a cap for the back. What is the bed size is it called a 6.5 bed I measured it and it measures about 80-81 inches long. Just looking for a cheap aluminum cap. Live here in Boston area so if anyone has one for sale just send a pm.

thanks

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am no mechanic but from my experiences I do not think you can fix it, I would go with the junk yard seat