1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1993 Chev Truck 5.0 Fuel Pump. Where?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Fooser, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Fooser

Fooser Junior Member

I can't fing the fuel pump anywhere. Im hoping its not in the tank.
    I have no pressure to the fuel filter. Please help!

Myles... Thanks!!!
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Fuel Pump

You got it. It's in the tank. Pull the bed off to get at it. It's attached to the fuel sending unit assembly in the tank.:rolleyes: John
  3. nben

nben Senior Member

I have found it is easier to drop the tank than to pull the bed off, especially if the tank isn't too full. It takes a couple of people to pull the bed (at least) plus it can be a pain to re-align. You also have to be careful not to scratch the rear corners on the bumper. One person can drop the tank with a little imagination and a floor jack (transmission jack works great too). Make sure it's not a fuse or relay before you get too involved, but it is most likely the pump. Good luck.:D
  4. Fooser

Fooser Junior Member

Thanks You!!!!! Its going to be a long night. I did also check the fuses. They are good. Thanks again.
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Just drop the tank,it's easier.You may find the lines are siezed and you will have to cut them.Use SAE 30R9 high pressure fuel hose to replace the factory hoses with the flare fittings.
  6. Fooser

Fooser Junior Member

It was not that bad. It took me three long hours. The only problem i had was the fittings/ fuel lines. The rubber lines twisted like a knot, but still was able to unscrew both lines though. Thanks for everybodys help. Only in America!!!