1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 ford superduty

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tajn84, Apr 19, 2011.

1. tajn84

tajn84 Junior Member

i am looking to purchase a 1992 ford super duty 12 ft dump diesel for my landscaping company. the truck has never been plowed and only has 54000 miles. my question is can i put a plow on it and how will it do if i can?

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

What is this an F350,450 ?? 2wd or 4wd

3. tajn84

tajn84 Junior Member

It is a 450 2wd

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I personally am not fond of plow trucks not being 4wd, lots of guys put plows on 2wd dumps, Plan on putting lots of weight in the dump. You might want to call your local dealer before you buy the truck to see what plow can fit on that specific model.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that F-Superduty, (it is NOT a 450) will take and handle a plow fine as long as you keep your wits about you. we use 3 of them with 9 ft meyers plows on them, and never have any problems as long as the drivers do not stop on ice or try pushing mountains of snow.

6. tajn84

tajn84 Junior Member

if it is not a 450 then what is it? just curious

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it is a F-superduty, just as the fender says.
    F-150, F-250. F-350, and F Superduty.
    the F-450 was not introduced until 1999