1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 Ford l8000 Dump w/ alum body

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by AintNoFun, Nov 7, 2012.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

1992 Ford L8000 Single Axle Dump with Aluminum Body & Allison Auto. GVW is 40,000 lbs you can legally get 10 tons in this truck. 213XXX miles. Truck has central hydraulics to the front and rear. I have a snow plow frame w/ lift cylinder (no blade) that is currently off the truck. Just get a blade and a tail gate spreader and your ready to work. Truck also has a locking rear and heated mirrors. New batteries, New Grill and just had the dump piston re done. Doesn't smoke or doesn't leak. Starts right up and no known problems. All rear lights are LED. Truck was Zeibarted, very little to no rust

dump ext (3).jpg

dump int (1).jpg

2. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Bump for the color! :)

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

nice pen dot truck ? probably be good to know the price on it

4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

For sale? How much?

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

thanks, we usually get razzed for the color, so im still holding my breath, lol

to tell you the truth ive seen similar trucks anywhere from 9500 to 13000.. Id be happy with 9500 obo. thanks

6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

does anyone think 9500 is asking too much?

7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

With the aluminum dump body, are you limited to hauling clean material or will it handle broken concrete brick rock etc

8. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I think that is fair. It would be a good trailer puller. The alum. box may limit hauling concrete or stumps but it's lighter so you can haul more base course and black dirt.

I think with the color it could be used for lots of visibility/marketing. Think of all the women that would remember getting black dirt from the guy with the pink truck?

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

yea the box does limit, we only moved topsoil/mulch so it suited our purposes... thanks for all the input...

10. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

To help the OP, and give some information to interested parties..If you are worried about the aluminum body limiting what you can haul you can line the floor with either 3/4 inch plywood or 2x6's and the walls with 3/4 inch plywood and it will drastically reduce the impact on the body. I bought a dump truck a few years back with a aluminum body and that was already done, I replaced the wood this spring and the body looked new under the wood. For the record my trucks haul anything from screened sand to 12-16 inch rip rap and everything in between, like broken up concrete and stumps.Sorry to the OP for mucking up your f/s thread, but I was in hopes this information would help the buyers that would not have taken your truck into consideration due to the body.

11. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

not a prob.. appreciate the info!

12. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

What is under the hood? Is it really pink?

13. procut

procut Senior Member

Barbie dump truck.

14. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

good question, i think 6 cyl cummins? i'll have to double check.... yes

ahhh there we go.... lol

15. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I think the one thing that color does do and it's kinda smart is people rember it. yeah the guy with the pink truck delivered my mulch they where bla blasome body number xxx-xxxx

16. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

pretty much...

17. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

18. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

one day left on ebay... no offers?