1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 Ford F-250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Foxfire, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Hello all, I have a 1992 F-250. I was told that I could not get a 100 amp alternator for my truck, I am worried that my current alt is not big enough when I start plowing.......thanks Foxfire

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

You should be able to get a 100 amp alternator as an option for that truck.Adding a second battery,keeping electrical draw to a minimum,and careful use of the plow,and it will work just fine.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Foxfire, Not sure in Ashtabulah but I know there are several local rebuild shops to do a high amp alternator for your truck. RNS sales off of Peninsula Drive in Erie and Heise rebuilding on the east side do great work. I had to change belt lengt and bracket but put a much bigger one in my 84. Have done several of the serp belets also.

Jerre

4. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Thanks for the Info, this is a very useful site......THANKS

5. bgrover

bgrover Member

Somewhere here on PlowSite I found www.4alterstart.com I just ordered a 200 amp alternator for my 95 F250. According to the site the same alternator is used from 92 - 95.

If you go there look for their part number 20-226-12-1 which is the 130 amp version. At the bottom of the page they give their number and said to call for a 200 amp version.