1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 Ford Bronco

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MacDeb, Jul 19, 2009.

1. MacDeb

MacDeb Junior Member
    from Ontario

Just purchased 1992 Ford Bronco for snow plowing. I have a 10 year old heiniker plow which I want to attach to my bronco. I would like to know what preparations I should make to the truck for my plow before snow season begins. If anyone has had a 1992 bronco with a plow on it. I would appreciate any experience you have had with plow/truck. tymusic
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Support the front end with either Timbrens, air bags or heavier springs, biggest AMP HOUR battery that you can fit in the truck. Up grade the Alternator and outfit it with good heavy tires, something suitable for a 3/4 truck. Then just find the plow you can get the best local dealer support for and have at it.

Broncos make great driveway trucks.

Some links from a site search on Broncos

and the full search all 276 hits on Bronco, enjoy:waving:

3. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Yep, buy front coil springs for a 2wd F250 diesel and an alternator for a 92 Explorer, install them both and go. The springs will hold the plow like it isn't there and the alt is a 120 or 140 amp (don't remember) as apposed to the Bronco's 95 amps. Awesome trucks.
  5. 16 inch steel rims and 235/85-16 Coopers

replace coil springs with a progressive coil --thru auto parts stores (about $100) --that is what I did for my '95. The '92 used Timbrens ( I was not impressed)

. Add a trans oil guage -- most important
    Change to synthetic trans fluid and normal service. Be sure that the cooler is good to go.

the 92 has enough room for a second battery. My 95 (second plow bronco) didnt and I went to
    a Sears Platinum battery [ $180 but the best $$ I spent]

You will need a bigger alternator. The one on my 92 doesnt fit my 95 -- if you want it, I will sell cheap
    Add a big positive and negative cable for the Alt to the battery ( I used short battery cables)

btw: I had to remove the front sway bar for the Boss

go over the brake lines -- I had my 92 rust thru twice

I added a back-up light where the spare tire used to mount on the tailgate

pictures available
    email me