1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 F350 4x4 7.3 Diesel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As it states. I passed this along to a buddy of mine but have since decided to upgrade the fleet and upgrade him as well.

1992 7.3 IDI F350 4x4. Only has 97k miles. Just serviced, oil, fuel filter, glow plugs, gp controller, etc. Power windows and locks. New tires on black alum wheels (not shown and it made a huge difference in appearance). NA motor but it's an animal. Every bit of the power and milage of my turbo 7.3, with only around 5hp difference. Pulls 75 down the highway beautifully. Plow is a 9' Western unimount. Upgrading the fleet and this one is the low man on the totum pole.

It gets used and does well. It's a truck I'll send out during a snow event and it'll return 6-8hrs later without missing a beat.

It can come a few different ways. Just the truck, the truck with all of the truckside plow stuff, a complete plow truck with a 9' unimount, any of the above with a parts truck with clean panels, etc...

The 92 also has a lot of new parts. It's a truck we rely on and I am very particular about reliability. Batteries (good $120ea ones), Ujoints, etc...

$4,500. Will sell without the plow for $3k. Parts truck or just the bed negotiable.

[​IMG]

Parts truck:

[​IMG]

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Even though you don't like me ill give you a bump for a decent plow truck...

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Hey now! I like you buddy! And thanks!
    :)

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

that truck would make money!! hell of a deal there

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks buddy.

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

if i needed this i would come running 3k for a 97k mile 7.3 what a great value

7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

You got to love the IDIs , the orignal American diesel pickup.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks again guys. Here's a recent pic:

I WILL SELL THE TRUCK WITH PLOW SETUP COMPLETE AND CLEAN BED FOR $4800. I'd like to move it.

[​IMG]

9. cheffy

cheffy Junior Member
    from Sconsin

is it an auto

10. cheffy

cheffy Junior Member
    from Sconsin

Is it an auto and does it come with the tires that are in the picture ? Do you have any pictures of the interior?

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes auto, yes those tires, and no pics yet but its nice. Driver floor near rocker has small patch obv from salt. Rubber floor but cloth seat....no tears, dash nice, etc...

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I don't know how this hasn't sold yet. Tons of tire kicking locals but no one has even showed up to see it yet. No one here needs a good truck? Honestly, for any less than $3k I may as well keep it. $3k buys someone elses junk that you'll have to start all over fixing everything I already did! New tires and batteries alone these days are a big factor in a truck purchase. That's an instant $1k right off the bat. It doesn't make the truck worth $1k more by any means, but it's priced similar to the ones that don't have the new goodieshat counts.

13. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

What's your location?

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

NW IN just south of Chicago

15. scag413

scag413 Junior Member

What city are you located in? I am from Evansville, IN. Is it a turbo or non-turbo engine? Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm in Griffith. The IDIs are all non turbo.

17. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

I think the year before the direct induction Powerstroke they put out a turbo IDI.

18. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it even possible to put a turbo on one of these?

19. scag413

scag413 Junior Member

Ok. Thank you. That is where my knowledge is lacking. I think the 94s are turbos? I do know you can put turbos on these but it takes a lot of tweaking. For most people it isn't worth it.

20. aiexterior

aiexterior Junior Member

You can buy a banks aftermarket turbo for none turbo 7.3s very expensive and on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.