1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 f150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by B430, Oct 31, 2008.

1. B430

B430 Junior Member

just bought a 1992 F150 4x4 and was wondering if this would work for residential/light commercial work? did a search but all i could find was info for 97+ F150s and i have heard some say the TTB suspension is not well suited to plowing. was looking for input on this.

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

You will be fine just keep in mind it's a 1/2 ton not 1 ton...
    Here's my truck had to beef up front end with f-250 coil springs due to excessive blade weight.
    Be selective on your blade selection try not to get one heavier than 500lbs or you will squat big time...
    Here's my 91
  3. B430

B430 Junior Member

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

It'll be fine. I've had them both and both work fine. I wouldn't go nuts with it, but it'll work to push snow around. I've owned a few F250s and a few F150s/Broncos and they all work fine. The heavier springs in the front make a world of difference though.