1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 F-350 ?????????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sharpshooter77, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Well guys I still have been kicking around the idea of get a diesel. I have found a 1992 F-350 7.3 Non turbo Diesel, it has A/C, power windows and locks it has the XLT package, it has a 5 speed standard, 4 wheel drive works good, the truck had a plow on it for 2 seaons but the plow was sold, I have a 9 foot miute mount plow for it tho. The truck NEEDS: A bearing in the steering wheel, one of the fenders needs to be replaced he has a new one ready to go just hasent done it yet could use a little body work. the truck does has 218,xxx on it. and it had the oil pan and clutch replaced 4 years ago. So tell me what you guys think should I keep looking for something better or go ahead whith this one, And I think I can get this for a good price too.

2. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

All those things seem minor but let's put it this way. How much $$$$$

The biggest issue with any vehicle is pricing. I just bought a 1997 F-350, 5.8L, 4x4 SRW with 62,000 miles. Runs great, drives great and came with a 7.5' Meyer plow. I paid $6000.00 for it but is does need a few things. Needs an exhaust bolt extracted from the cylinder head, needs u-joints in the rear drive-shaft and all the fluids changed.

If the truck was cheaper, I could deal with more mechanical issues. If it was more $$$ then I'd expect less or no problems.

I wouldn't pay more than $3000-3500 for that truck IF it started and ran absolutely perfectly and the drivetrain felt excellent. Otherwise, the parts on a diesel are more $$$ for sure.

3. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

I was thinking about it a little more today, The truck does have a good drivetrain and the motor runs nice and has plenty of power. Right basicly the truck mostly needs cosmo work IE front fender and surface rust on the bottom of the door and rocker panel. the front end was rebuilt a year and a half ago, It seems to be a nice truck as it stands right now, And it has new brakes and tires the guy who owns it now is the 2nd owner he use it to drive back and forth to work and plow his driveway with a snowbear plow but that was only for 2 seanson It looks like the truck was well taken care of.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that should make a good plow truck... solid front axle and plenty heavy duty. the motor should run a long time for you. we have two trucks with these "old motors" IDI 7.3 natural aspiration.....anly bad thing is that they lack power compared to the dodges of the day or the power stroke.