1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 F-250 7.3 Diesel...engine/suspension Mods

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SGTPOOL, Mar 18, 2007.

1. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

Hey Guys, I Was Wondering What Was Available To Upgradethis Truck It's The Non Turbo Version. I Haven't Be Able To Find Any Chips. How About Exhaust? Also What Can I Do To Level Out The Suspension. I Want The Front To Be Level With The Rear.

Thanks

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

check out my thread on the "7.3 preformance" there is a link on one of the replies

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try surffing Summitracing.com
    They may have some stuff.

4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Your engine is not computer controlled, so there are no chips or programmers for your engine. You need to boost performance the old fashioned way. Pump timming, bigger injectors, turbo charging it.
    There is a IDI (common term for your engine) turbo kit for sale on www.thedieselstop.com in the classifides section, under performance enhancements, entitled "IDI turbo".
    You need to be a member to view the classifides.

5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

As far as your front suspension you most likely have some sagging springs. You can either have them replaced or just install a add-a-leaf to the stock springs. The non turbo IDI does not benefit much by adding a bigger exhaust. The turbo version IDI can use a slightly bigger exhaust.

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

7. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Along the same lines as Banks is ATS and Hypermax they also made after market turbo kits. But the improvement over a properly modified/ tuned stock system was not worth the price IMO, especially in the case of Banks they always seem to be the highest priced. I am not saying Banks products are not well made, they are very well made as a matter of fact. They are just very high priced for what you get performance wise.

8. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

Ok, What Do You Think Would Be The Best And Most Cost Effective Approach To Go With.

9. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

That depends a lot on the trucks purpose. Is it a daily driver? does it tow and if so how much? do you want to compete in drags or truck pulls? Do you just want to beat up on ricers, etc, etc.

10. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I need Pro Advice on a 7.3

I*M Not atempting to Steal any ones Thread!--but--Dono? where Else to GO??-- I have a 96 7.3--problem--I have a Leak of Diesel Fuel in the Rear manifold area! where that Round fitting at the business End of the injector Pump as I have to re-place the Washers! Now heres what I need to Know! I assume w/ the Leak I*M not only Loosing a small amount of Fuel--but Also not getting the Proper Pressure to my Injectors?--I let it Run for 1/2 hour w/a Funnel & gal jug collecting Fuel--aprox a 1/2 Cup--amost a Steady Drip?-- First of ALL--what Size is the Nut? as I have tried several--Standard & Metric & None seem to Really Fit?--& its a hard place to Get TO!--under the Torbo Mount--a Speical Wrench? as I again? assume its simular to a front Flex Hose to a Caliper? Bolt?--so when I remover IT I will Loose all my Fuel Pressure to the Injector System? & once the washers are Installed I assume? I*LL have to Crack all my Injectors to Bleed my Fuel system? Sorry for Asking Stupid Questions? any 7.3 Thinkeres out there? appricate Pro Advice! --OleTower--

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  11. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Ole Tower, I can answer your questions, but to be polite to the person who started this thread why don't you start another thread specifically for your fuel issue and I will be happy to answer you there. Again I am only trying to avoid a thread hijack as they say. I will be looking for your new thread.
    Gregg

12. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Oh BTW its a 1 1/4" box wrench that has been bent a little that fits the fuel pump. Unless you have a CA model truck.

13. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Sorry!

Gregg SORRY! as I explained!! I was NOT attempting to Steal nor High Jack the Thread in Desperation!! I didn*t know? where to GO?? I Dono? as I*M new Here! SORRY!--OleTower--

14. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

No problem Ole T I knew you didn't intend to hijack, I was just trying to politely "steer" you in the right direction.