1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 chevy 350 3500k

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kandklandscape0, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

working on a 92 chevy 350 3500k 4x4. tbi injected.

the engine is dumping to much fuel in the motor, and it is causing it to run horrible and of course, 3 mpg. if that.

so far we replaced distributor, rotor, cap, wires, temp sensor, throttle body sensor, injectors. what else is there? it still is running like a dog.

do you think the computer is bad?
  2. mxjake387

mxjake387 Junior Member

try checking your O2 sensor.
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Check the fuel pressure regulator spring in the throttle body. It's probably in pieces.
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

This is probably the culprit. They commonly corrode and fail, even more commonly on plow trucks.
  5. kandklandscape0

the right side injector is dribbling and the left side there is no spray or dribble
  6. kandklandscape0

the spring is fine. we checked it and replaced it.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you checked the fuel pressure?
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

There might be a broken wire or something not sending the right signal and not allowing the injectors to function properly
  9. Thermos017

Thermos017 Member

i haven't seen mention of the IAC yet. if that gets stuck shut or the lines for it get clogged it will create similar symptoms to too much fuel. not enough air = too much fuel. those early 90's tbi rigs were notorious for bad iac's. clean the passages first, and inspect the plunger on the iac. if everything is clean and the passages are clear you may need a new iac. and yes, the computer is a possibility. i've seen a couple that would run, but really rough, and it was the ecu to blame. also, i've experienced similar problems with the icm in the distributor throwing the timing off, causing missfires that seemed at first like the rig was simply running rich. really, you've only scratched the surface of the potential problems that could cause the same symptoms as a rich condition.
  10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

What about the possibility of the throttle position sensor being faulty or even the egr valve being bad?? My 92 blazer ran like complete shyt (350 tbi) and it turned out the egr valve was sticking.