1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 Chevrolet C3500HD W/ Myers Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by someone, Dec 17, 2007.

1. someone

someone Junior Member

1992 Chevrolet C3500HD W/ Myers Salter/Sander

6.5 Turbo Diesel
    5 Spd Manual

I bought this truck with the intentions of pulling off the salter and installing a regular dually bed and using it to haul my trailer... upon closer inspection it is a little to long and big for what I need... this is one heavy duty truck, it is equipped with 19.5" wheels and a very large brake setup, it has a manual transmission with low gear and is running strong at 300K. It seems to be in quite good shape mechanically, it has rust bubbles around the fenders and a little on the doors aswell, the floor and the rest of the cab in general is in fair shape. The windshield has a crack on the drivers side.

The salter is a myers, and needs a little TLC... I am not sure on the yardage, it is either a 2 or 3 yard hopper. It is powered by a 10.5HP Briggs and stratton that runs great, the conveyer in the hopper is fully operational, but the Auger that distributes the salt needs a new chain and bearing.

And now for everybodys favourite part... The pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$4200 OBO

or trade for 4X4 3/4 ton diesel pickup or???

Truck is located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Tristan

tristanpaterson@rogers.com

2. someone

someone Junior Member

Bump!!

would love to get rid of this before the new year... try your offer!