1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 blazer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jay brown, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i was out at moms last week cutting brush and she said she would give me her old Blazer sitting in the drive(needs no work, except muffler).... its a 1992 4x4 two door with a 4.3 or 4.6 something..... we have plenty of trucks, but was just brainstorming.......any of you use anything like this for plowing?
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a full size? If so its more than likely a 5.7, I dont think they offered the 5.0 in those. If its an S-10 its a 4.3.

What color is it? I'd give ya couple hundred for it.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

it's a small one, very crammped inside.....it's that weird green color....150k on the miles
  4. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Theres something to be said about those blazers! ! ! I had mine for almost 7 years and it was worked hard at all times I had over 600,000kms original drivetrain it never let me down untill the wiring harness cooked GM wanted something stupid like 3400.00 for a new one. If I was you Id grab it Heres a pic of my old unit

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

There are some people with 6'5" or so plows on them, I would think it would work really well for small tight areas and such
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Theres lots of guys plowing with them, they are very capable.

Theres a guy on here that has 8' blades on his, though I'm sure that's probably not recommended. I'm installing a 7'-6" Western on my S15 pickup as soon as I have some time.
  7. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

I had 2 One was a 88 2 door that i couldnt kill to save my life. other was a 93 4 door that i couldnt keep running. Blew the headgasket at 65k.
  8. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have a buddy that uses the same vehicle & loves it, he does some small lots & it works perfect plus it is pretty comfortable to run. He is running a 6'6" Fisher. if that helps any.