1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 1500 needs new shocks. what kind?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by raptorman03, Dec 23, 2005.

1. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Guys my truck needs new shocks what kind should i get?
  2. jsbmaine

jsbmaine Junior Member

Good, thread, my 93 1500 needs the same. Probably I will just go with whatever they have at CarQuest. BTW, I had the bracket that holds the shock rust off on the passenger side rear, and lost the whole shock on the road somewhere! (Gotta love the salt in Maine)
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

For a working truck, I'd just buy a quality set of stock replacements. I would only buy something more expensive if a)it was a pleasure-only truck or b)it is lifted and needs something longer or with better response.
  4. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Bilsteins or cheap gas-charged ones.
  5. Caleb55

Caleb55 Member

You can usually get Rancho shocks for not much more than what the cheaper ones cost.
  6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Where's a good place/price on a new set of Bilsteins ? I've had really good luck with the factory oem's on the 1500.
  7. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I've been there and done that, asked the same question about two months ago, anyway, I did alot of research and finally decided on (MONROE REFLEX):cool:
  8. JMR

JMR Senior Member

The Reflexs are a good choice...........the Monroe Sensatracs would also be good and a few dollars cheaper. Monroe products can be found at O'Rielly's Auto parts or Napa.