1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1992 1 ton dually rear complete FS

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by zieg72, Dec 20, 2006.

1. zieg72

zieg72 Junior Member

1992 1 ton dually rear end complete FS

A friend of mine asked me to try and sell this rear end for him. It is complete, drum to drum including a good set of rims and tires. It came out of a 1992 and the ratio is a 3.73. He did not mention if it was a posi or not so I assume it is not. It had a diesel in it with around 150K miles. He is asking $400 but will take offers on it. The truck was bought for the drive-train for a Studebaker Tow truck project he is doing and the rest of the truck is long gone. It is in NW Indiana, 2 miles east of the state line north of Lowell IN.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  2. MoPlower

MoPlower Junior Member

Still for sale ?? I'm interested. If you could email me a phone number to reach you at, that would be great !!

3. zieg72

zieg72 Junior Member

sent e-mail, haven't heard from you. Is everything OK???
  4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Just a tip, in Dodges, if it was a 4x4 its very likely its limited slip. If it was a 2wd, chances are probably just an open differential (no posi/limited slip)... I'm a huge Dodge guy but I can't remember if they used a Dana 70 or 80 rear axle in dually one tons those years... At any rate, another important bit of info for a potential buyer: was the truck originally (from factory) a pickup bed truck or a cab/chassis truck? the cab/chassis trucks have narrower frames and axles than a pickup bed truck. Just a few things to keep in mind.
    Thanks, oh and I wouldn't mind having it for a 79 Dodge of mine I'd like to make a flatbed dually but I got no money.... any trades?
  5. zieg72

zieg72 Junior Member

Trades??? What ya got??? you never know. Anyway the rear is from a 2 wheel drive and it was a cab/chassis with a work type bed. Thanks for the heads up on the differences.
  6. dwa

dwa Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Still have it?

Hi, do you still have it? Can you tell me the measurement from the center of the left spring to the center right spring mount location? I have a '91 one ton that I want to make a dualie, but after reading about the width of the different frames, I would need to know if it would work with mine. Thanks. dwa
  7. zieg72

zieg72 Junior Member

It is not mine and I could get it next week. From what I understand if it is a cab and chassis the frame is narrow. If it had a regular 8 ft bed it is a wide frame. This was from a cab and chassis.