1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 vacuum issues and parts questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Dec 6, 2010.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I Have a 1991 f250 that I bought a week ago. This is not my everyday driver I bought it for plowing and to have as a work truck. I noticed last week that there is a canister behind my battery in the shape of a cylinder that is missing several hose. I believe that there are three hoses related to this cylinder that are missing and at least 1 is pulling a vacuum. Just forward of that there is another canister or manifold made of plastic that has two small red hoses missing. Does anyone know what these are and can you tell me where the hoses sho8ld go or provide me a diagram. I’ve also noticed that the truck seems to be running a little rough in idle and it seems like I’m going thru more gas then I should but I have not computed the MPGs yet. I’ve posted some pics of the canisters. I started a new tread for this issue so beeter pics are posted under another tread I had had for stalling in reverse. the link is below Thanks for your help

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=111267

photo.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 6.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010