1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 K2500 oil pressure questions.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by AmPlower, Feb 13, 2003.

1. AmPlower

AmPlower Junior Member

Hi all, just wondering what your trucks were running for oil pressure wise. Mines usually 30, sometime a little less, some times more if its cold out and I'm on the gas before it warms up. However my truck has a 181K on it, always ran synthetics, been plowing for the last few years, hope my engines gonna last :rolleyes: What do you guys think?

2. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

What weight oil are you using.....???:confused:

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Is that 30 at an idle or at apeed on the highway. My gas trucks run between 20-30 at idle and about 45 at speed, although my 454 runs closer to 60 psi at speed and 45 at idle.
    Dino

4. AmPlower

AmPlower Junior Member

I am using 10-w-30, semi synthetic oil. Idle is usually around 30, and driving is around 30 as well, unless its cold, then maybe around 35, however when I was plowing tonight it was dropping into the upper 20's. The gauge usually seems to fluctuate as well, unless its cold. Usually hopping around in the lower 30's, or upper 20's into the lower 30's, or sometimes just around 30. hard to say. Thanks!

5. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

the factory gauges sometimes are not that accurate, if your really worried, put a test gauge in and see what you got.

usually around 10psi per 1000rpm is good.